NOTTS A.A.A. SUMMER LEAGUE 2020
Race Dates (all races commencing at 7.15pm):
22nd April – Hexgreave Hall, Farnsfield, NG22 8LS - CANCELLED
27th May – Holme Pierrepont, National Water Sports Centre, NG12 2LU - POSTPONED (DATE TBC)
17th June – Wollaton Park, NG8 2AE - POSTPONED (DATE TBC)
15th July – Worksop College, S80 3AP
5th August – Teversal Trails Visitors Centre, NG17 3HJ
RULES OF THE COMPETITION 2020
- The competition shall be known as the Nottinghamshire A.A.A. Summer League.
- The League shall be open to all Clubs, which are affiliated to the Notts A.A.A.
- Clubs may enter members aged 16 and over to represent them in the League competition.
- All runners must be registered with England Athletics as a competitive runner and have a valid England Athletics Registration Number.
- The League competition is for first claim members of Clubs, which are affiliated to the Notts A.A.A. (Clubs running non-members will be disqualified).
- Clubs running ineligible members – the results of any ineligible club members will be ignored in compiling the results of that race.
- If a Runner’s First Claim Club is not affiliated to Nottinghamshire County Association, he or she may apply to represent a competing Club as a second claim member. Runners must be registered with England Athletics as a competitive runner and have a valid England Athletics Registration Number. No runner can run second claim or Other Discipline First Claim if the club of which they are a first claim member has entered a team in the Summer League for that year. Such applications must be made in writing to the League Secretary not less than 1 day prior to the race. All applications shall remain in force throughout that year’s competition. The League Committee’s decision on all second claim members shall be final. A full list of second claim runners to be posted up at each race. Only runners on the list will be allowed to compete.
- Clubs must have paid their Notts AAA Affiliation Fees. Entry Forms for the Notts AAA Summer League and League Fees must be returned to the Secretary not later than 7 days before the first race. Failure to do so will result in the club’s entry fee being increased by £10 per team, if they have still not paid their entry fee by the second race, then none of that club’s athletes will be allowed to compete in any of the remaining Notts AAA summer league races.
FORMAT OF LEAGUE
- The League shall consist of five races of approximately 5 mile to 10K maximum in length, to be held in midweek during the months of April to August inclusive.
- Courses shall be decided and races organised by the promoting Club, which shall be decided at the Annual General Meeting. Each promoting club shall be responsible for obtaining their own licence for their own event.
- Club Colours must be worn; failure to do so will lead to the team of which that runner would be a member being disqualified from the League.
- The Men and Women’s races shall be scored separately; veteran runners will be scored within their own race.
- A Senior Men’s Team shall consist of 5 members
- A Veteran Men’s Team shall consist of 5 members
- A Senior Women’s Team shall consist of 4 members
- A Veteran Women’s Team shall consist of 4 members
- In any said category the lowest scoring runners for the club shall be the A team and subsequent scores the B, C teams etc.
- Competitors may only compete for one club in the current year's series, but can continue competing as an individual.
- A Team shall score only if all members of the Team complete the course.
- If teams are level on points after the 5 races in the series, then the overall result will be decided by the result of the final race.
- Veterans may score for a Senior Team or a Veteran Team but not both in the same race. A runner may score for a Veteran team as soon as they attain the relevant age after the series has started.
- Scoring for a non-veteran Team will not invalidate Veteran Runners from the Individual Veteran Rankings, nor from qualification for Medals.
The wearing of headphones, personal stereos etc will not be allowed.
- Any athlete found wearing any of the above equipment will get 100 points added to their individual score and also 100 points added to his or her club’s team total for that particular race
- The decision of the Race Referee shall be final.
- Medals will be awarded to Teams and Individuals on completion of the whole series of races. There will be no separate individual race awards.
- Medals will be awarded to the first 3 overall in the following sections:
Men Open, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65-74, 75 and over
Men Under 20
Ladies Open, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65-74, 75 and over
Ladies Under 20
- To qualify for Medals and overall ranking, Teams and Individuals must score in all five races.
- Clubs may be able to receive extra team medals at extra cost to the club.
- In the event of a tie in the Individual competition, the Medal will be awarded to the runner who has finished ahead of his/her rival in the majority of races in the series.
- Veterans may win medals in both the Open and their Veteran Sections.
- To qualify for Individual Veteran Medals, a runner must have reached Veteran status at the beginning of the series of races.
- Under 20’s, runners must still be U/20 after the series of races.
- Entry Fee will be £90 for Men’s teams and £90 for Ladies teams.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- The League’s Annual General Meeting shall be open to:
- Officers of the Nottinghamshire A.A.A., members of the Road Running Sub-Committee and Officers of the League.
- Representatives of Member Clubs but each Club shall have only one vote.
- The Secretary shall inform the above of the date and venue of the Annual General Meeting at least one month in advance of the date of the Meeting.
- A Quorum at the Annual General Meeting shall require the attendance of not less than five voting members.
- The Annual General Meeting will consider the following business:
- Review of the year’s competition.
- Election of the League’s Officers.
- Review the League’s finances and decide the Entry Fees for the following year’s competition.
- Decide dates and venues for the following year’s races.
- Any other business provided it has been submitted in writing to the Secretary not less than two weeks before the date of the Meeting.