Trials for the East Midlands team for the 2019 Mini London Marathon will take place at County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester on Sunday 31st March. The first 6 in each race (U13, U15 and U17) will earn the opportunity to represent the East Midlands in the Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon (also the British 3 Mile Road Championships) which takes place on the morning of the Marathon itself (Sunday 28th April). Entries, which this year are online, close on 29/3/19.
Boys and Girls – Under 13
- Must be at least 11 years old on 28 April 2019 or 12 on 31 August 2018
- Born between 1 September 2005 and 28 April 2008
Boys and Girls – Under 15
- Must be 13 or 14 on 31 August 2018
- Born between 1 September 2003 and 31 August 2005
Boys and Girls – Under 17
- Must be aged 15 or 16 on 31 August 2018
- Born between 1 September 2001 and 31 August 2003
The Mini Marathon is a great experience for any young athlete and the trial is a good opportunity to compete against the best young runners in the region.
Entries can be made at: https://www.evententry.co.uk/lmm-east-midlands-team-trials
A list of current entries will be published at: http://lran.org.uk
If you have any questions about the Mini Marathon, more information is available here: https://www.minimarathon.co.uk/en/
Further details are attached and questions about the trial can be addressed to John Skevington, East Midlands Team Manager ([email protected]).
East Midlands Regional Council